This is no small decision! You’re choosing the photographer who is going to capture one of the most important moments of your life, the person who will memorialize your love together! So here are my tips (coming from a seasoned wedding photographer) on how to make sure you’re choosing the BEST photographer to capture your destiny made love!
1. Do you love their style? Do you see yourself looking back decades from now at your images, and LOVING how they captured your love story.
2. Distinguish between a hobb-iest & a professional! For a day as special and irreplaceable as a wedding day, you want to make sure you’re hiring someone who does this for a living, and is 100% committed to their craft!
3. Do you see emotion in their work? Are they capturing those raw, beautiful moments that really show the authenticity of a wedding day?
4. Work with them first! Do they offer a complimentary engagement session (like I do!). Use this as a good time to get to know one another, and connect!
5. Make sure you mesh! I always hop on a call with my couples for a complimentary consultation! This gives us a chance to chat and see if we’re a good fit!
6. Do they have experience? Look for an established website with a variety of images in their portfolio! You want to get a good idea for how they capture their couples!
7. Do they help you with the planning process? A good photographer will help you map out your ideal timeline!
8. Do they match your vibe? Are you an adventurous, madly in love couple? Then you might want to work with a photographer who loves to explore and is in obsessed with what they do!
9. Do their values around photography match yours? Their values and passion for photography should align with how you want the day to be captured! Make sure they’re there to capture YOUR vision, and not theirs!
10. Do they see you as a transaction or an old friend? I make sure to only book with couples I feel I have a deep, real connection with!
Ready to begin your wedding photography journey?! Inquire with me here!